The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
In dealing with you, we may collect information including your name, address, date of birth, telephone numbers, email address and driver’s license number.
How we collect and hold personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you, when you contact or deal with us. We also collect personal information from third parties, for example finance or insurance companies providing related services to you.
We protect this information in a number of ways. It is kept in secure locations, and access to it is restricted to those who have the appropriate authorization under our policies. Where we share the information with third parties we ensure they also have appropriate policies and security in place. When the information is no longer required, it is de-identified, deleted, or securely destroyed.
How we use and disclose personal information
We collect and use your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- To enable us to properly response to your request about purchasing a vehicle, parts, service or repair, finance or insurance.
- To provide you with information about products or offers
- To enable us to arrange for you things like vehicle registration, finance or insurance.
- To contact you in the event of a vehicle recall or program or any warranty matters.
- To maintain records for accounting, administrative and legal requirements.
- To provide your details to the vehicle manufacturer for warranty purposes or to conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- To assist our related companies and other service providers (such as information technology providers and mailing houses) so that they can provide the services that we have contracted out to them.
- As required or permitted by relevant laws and regulations.
- For other purposes related to your dealings with us.
How you may access your personal information
We may require your consent to use and/or disclose your personal information if we need to use your information for a purpose that is not related to the purpose for which we collected it. We seek to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure by ensuring that your personal information can only be accessed by authorised persons. You can gain access to personal information that we hold about you, subject to some exceptions under privacy legislation, and update your personal information if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
How you may make a privacy complaint
Transfer of personal information overseas.
Wakeling Automotive may disclose personal information (including credit information) to overseas recipients in order to provide their products and/or services and for administrative or other management purposes.
Our business is affiliated with other businesses located overseas, such as vehicle manufactures and original equipment manufacturers. In the course of doing business with you we are likely to disclose some of your personal information to overseas recipients. However, we will only do so where:
- It is necessary to complete the transaction you have entered into; and
- You have provided consent; or
- We believe on reasonable grounds that the overseas recipient is required to deal with your personal information by enforceable laws which are similar to the requirements under the APPs or;
- It is otherwise permitted by law.
While it is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients may be located, recipients of such disclosures are likely to include countries where the parent company of our franchises exist.
Changes to our policy
Our Contact details are:
Cnr Mills and Blaxland Road Campbelltown NSWS 2560
Phone: (02) 4628 1444